The following information was taken from the book “Nature’s Healing Way” by Mary Ann McNeilus, MD
The total fast is abstinence from all food. Drink generous amounts of water. A simple herb tea may be included in the total fast. The partial fast includes fresh fruit or a vegetable broth and small amounts of plain, whole grain bread to be taken the regular mealtime. Ending a fast is just as important as the fast itself. Break a fast with simply prepared fruit, vegetable, and whole grain (cereal) foods. Eat no more than two or three varieties of food at a meal. Do not overeat! Use the simple diet for the same number of days that were spent fasting.
Health Benefits of Fasting/cleansing
- Promotes clear thinking and a sense of well-being
- Cleanses the body: eliminate waste throughout the body
- Re-education of taste buds: decreases cravings for unhealthy food
- Helps maintaining an ideal weight
- Helps combat ailments such as the common cold, allergy and digestive disorders, and arthritis
- Improves mental health: lifts depression, reduces stress and anxiety
I have printouts of a wonderful fast/cleanse for those interested, please let me know prior to your appointment. Thank you.