Many of you have been asking me about GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms)
In 1911, a company was founded by the name of Paramecia. The named derived from the word Parmakeia because of their use of a mixture of calf brain, sugar,and milk that was to cure ailments. In 2000 they merged with Monsanto. In 2002, they merged with Monsanto and Pfizer, now the largest Pharmaceutical Company in the world, purchased Paramecia and spun off Monsanto as it’s own company solely to focus on the Bio-Tech Seed Industry. In 2005 Monsanto acquires Seminis, the world’s largest vegetable seed company, making Monsanto the largest bio-tech agriculture firm in the world, owning 90% of the U.S. patents for seeds. Not until 1980 could anyone patent ‘Life’. In 1960-1970’s MSG ( Monosodium Glutamate) AKA “Natural Flavoring”, others names include Glutamate, Hydrolyzed, Yeast extract, Caseinate, Autolyzed yeast, Gelatin, Textured Soy protein, Whey protein…… Other substances to avoid are Carrageenan found in most soy milk except the brand West Soy; Maltodextrin, Citric acid, Citrate, and anything fermented. GMO food suspected of containing MSG: Corn products, Corn syrup, rice syrup, anything vitamin enriched, dextrose, anything low fat or no fat, Campbell soup, canned and frozen meats, additives, sweeteners, natural and artificial flavors, Excitotoxins, Aspartame, long grain rice ( short grain is usually okay), yellow rice, most foods from China…Tofu, Soy-based food, and noodles from that country.
^Foretagsmheten.se:Paramecia accessed on June 17, 2009
Then New Life Training Manual
The following information was taken from the book “Nature’s Healing Way” by Mary Ann McNeilus, MD
The total fast is abstinence from all food. Drink generous amounts of water. A simple herb tea may be included in the total fast. The partial fast includes fresh fruit or a vegetable broth and small amounts of plain, whole grain bread to be taken the regular mealtime. Ending a fast is just as important as the fast itself. Break a fast with simply prepared fruit, vegetable, and whole grain (cereal) foods. Eat no more than two or three varieties of food at a meal. Do not overeat! Use the simple diet for the same number of days that were spent fasting.
Health Benefits of Fasting/cleansing
- Promotes clear thinking and a sense of well-being
- Cleanses the body: eliminate waste throughout the body
- Re-education of taste buds: decreases cravings for unhealthy food
- Helps maintaining an ideal weight
- Helps combat ailments such as the common cold, allergy and digestive disorders, and arthritis
- Improves mental health: lifts depression, reduces stress and anxiety
I have printouts of a wonderful fast/cleanse for those interested, please let me know prior to your appointment. Thank you.
That sounds happy and positive, unfortunately not all of us feel happy. In fact, I am hearing more and more of my clients and associates tell me that they feel sad, feel down or having the blues, tired, lonely, difficulty sleeping, more irritated than usual, not excited to do the things they usually do. This is most likely Depression. Depression needs to be taken seriously. It comes in many forms and can happen at any age. There seems to be an epidemic of depression in our world today. There are so many natural things that can be done to combat this condition. First, know your not alone in this, many people feel the same way you feel. Below is a short list of things to combat Depression and anxiety.
- Rest- best time is 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Get morning sun….Morning sun helps product serotonin which later in the day produces Melatonin which helps our sleep. (see circadian rhythm)
- Eat healthy that means as close to natural as possible. NO SUGAR NO REFINED PROCESSED FOODS
- No Alcohol
- Prayer, a relationship with God, faith, and hope. Knowing there is someone always looking out for you, loving you, protecting you; knowing your not alone helps combat the blues.